- About Us
- Year-Round Program
- Summer Intensives
- Open Classes
How to Apply
2017 Summer Intensive Information Coming Soon
Admission to the Conservatory’s Summer Intensive Program is by audition only. Those applicants unable to attend any of the scheduled auditions may substitute a “video audition” (see video audition requirements) so long as it is postmarked no later than March 5, 2016. All applicants must complete the application process described below in order to pre-register for an audition. If you would like to attend a scheduled audition, please make every effort to pre-register at least 24 hours beforehand.
The procedure to pre-register for all auditions (in-person and video) is as follows:
STEP 1. Click here or on the Apply link located below the Conservatory logo on every page of our website and fill in the information requested to create a personal account.
STEP 2. Click on either the link provided in the Registration Confirmation window or the Login link under the Conservatory logo on every page of our website to access the Application Dashboard, using the username (or your email address) and password assigned in the confirmation email.
STEP 3. Complete the Application requirements as laid out below. Your Application CAN NOT be considered until all four parts (Application form, Headshot, Letter of Intent, and Resume) have been submitted.
On the Application Requirements panel of the Dashboard, click on 1. Application Form, fill in the information requested and then click on the "save as a draft" button at the bottom of the form (please do not skip this step, even if you think the form has been fully completed). As long as the application remains in draft form you may return to it at any time to make modifications before you submit it.
Do not attempt to "submit" your application until all four parts have been completed (as our system will not accept it as "submitted" until the following three items have been uploaded).
Prepare each of the following three items:
- LETTER OF INTENT: 1-page describing your artistic goals and interests (in .doc, .docx, or .pdf file format, 2 MB maximum file size)
- RESUME: listing your dance training, teachers, choreography studied, and performance experience (in .doc, .docx, or .pdf file format, 2 MB maximum file size)
- RECENT HEADSHOT PHOTO: --note does not need to be professional quality so long as dancer’s face is clearly shown (.jpeg or .png file format, file size between 150 KB and 2 MB)
Return to the Application Requirements panel of the Dashboard and click individually on the links Letter-of-Intent, Resume and Photograph and follow instructions to upload each of the files. Once each item has been successfully uploaded, a check mark will appear in the corresponding box on the panel.
- Go to the Create/Review/Print Application panel of the Application Dashboard to review the latest version of your Application Form. Once you are satisfied that your application is complete, click on the "Submit Application" button at the bottom of the form. When your application has been successfully submitted, you will see that a checkmark and the word “Submitted” appear next to “Application Form” on the Application Requirements panel of the Application Dashboard. If you do not see a checkmark and the word “Submitted” next to “Application Form” on the Application Requirements panel, please click on the "Submit Application" button again until you do. Your application form will not print properly unless you see the checkmark and the word “Submitted".
STEP 4. Print your application. The headshot you uploaded should appear embedded onto your form. Click on the Print Application icon near the top of the application form. You should get a 3-4 page printout of your application form with your photo in the upper right portion of page 1. If your photo does not appear embedded in the upper right portion of page 1, please include a photo with your application—making sure to print your name legibly on the back.
Staple together the printed pages of your application form and bring with you to the scheduled audition to hand to a Conservatory staff member at least 15 minutes before the audition begins.
STEP 5. Pay the Audition Fee. This may be done in any of the following ways:
- pay online by credit card or checking account debit
- mail a check payable to “SF Conservatory of Dance” at least one week before the scheduled audition that you plan to attend (or include with your application if submitting a video audition)
- hand-deliver cash or check payable to “SF Conservatory of Dance” to an audition staff member when signing in for a scheduled audition (at least 15 minutes before the audition begins)
STEP 6 if auditioning in-person. please arrive at the audition location at least 15 minutes before the scheduled start time (studios will be open one hour before start time) to register by introducing yourself and submitting a hard-copy printout of your 3-4 page Application Form (containing your headshot photo embedded in the upper right corner) and either a printed receipt for the audition fee if you pre-paid online or cash or check payable to "SF Conservatory of Dance" (with "Audition Fee" on the memo line).
STEP 6 if auditioning by Video. please include with your video media (DVD strongly preferred) a hard-copy printout of your 3-4 page Application Form (containing your headshot photo embedded in the upper right corner) and either a printed receipt for the audition fee if you pre-paid online or a check payable to "SF Conservatory of Dance" (with "Audition Fee" on the memo line).
For more information or if you have any difficulty whatsoever with our online application system, please contact Caitlin Hafer, telephone 415-309-7450.